Hi folks. As part of your mocks revision, there are some really important keywords that you could do with revising/defining. Try looking up the following terms:
- Sustainable, heritage and ecotourism
- Outbound & inbound tourism
- GDP, revenue and expenditure
- Public, private, package & voluntary organisations
Hi there – what I’d like you to do is to read up on two different flooding case studies, one for an MEDC and one for an LEDC. The MEDC case study is Boscastle, and you can read about it here.
The LEDC case study is Bangladesh and a good page on it is found here.
I’d like you to create a case study set of notes for each one; they need to cover causes (physical and human), effects (on people, the environment & economy) and responses (short and long term).
It would be a good idea to review a few good Youtube videos on these floods as well – there are loads out there.
Any problems, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi folks – during DIRT (dedicated improvement & reflection time) these are the activities you should be working on (using a green pen):
Learning objectives – Review last improvement target; Demonstrate and evaluate progress towards this.
- Presentation improvement – ensure all work is titled, dated, underlined, diagrams are properly drawn, shaded & labelled, subtitles are used to introduce work,
- Work completion – tasks that are not quite finished need to be completed and extended where possible.
- Literacy correction – correct spelling, grammar and punctuation errors highlighted by your teachers using dictionaries/thesaurus.
- Responding to feedback – answer questions posed by your teachers in your feedback, ask your teacher a question, review why you are learning well (or not!)
- Progress demonstration – look back at your last target(s); use a highlighter to show where you have met this target; write a few sentences to explain why you have or have not met this target.
- Extension work – see your teacher for extension work during DIRT time
Hi there year 12. Your task over the next couple of lessons is to produce a report to provide a rationale for the hazard trends seen in the accompanying powerpoint slides. Your report should be two pages long (not including images/graphs) and include:-
- Descriptions of the hazard trends you can identify from the graphs
- Detailed reasoning to explain these hazard trends
- Examples of global cases to bring your reasons to life
As always, email me if you need a hand – please hand in on the 13th of October in the lesson. Thanks!
Click here for slides
This is where we will post Geography related blog entries