“Progress for the best eight subjects is outstanding”
Challenge Partners inspection April 2015
QUALITY ASSURANCE REVIEW
|Leadership and Management||
|Quality of Teaching||
OVERALL INSPECTION EVALUATION
Their key findings were that;
- The executive head teacher has undertaken a thorough review of structures and processes for identifying, evaluating and monitoring improvement priorities. This has been transformational in establishing clear direction for the school, the key issues and reflecting on which strategies are working well and making the difference to standards.
- Progress levels for the best eight subjects and value added data for mathematics are significantly above national levels, indicating that achievement is outstanding. All ability groups achieved well above national average and low ability students achieve consistently high levels of achievement. School Action Plus students achieved significantly above national standards.
- Students enjoy their learning and attendance is well above national average, while persistent absence is below and exclusion levels well below national. The engagement of students is a positive aspect of the school's provision. Student’s social skills are very well developed; their communication skills and maturity are very strong.
- In all lessons, excellent relationships between staff and students have built confidence in learning and ensure positive attitudes to learning across the school.
- The positive behaviour policy and pastoral care system is a key feature in keeping students engaged in school. The school is doing everything possible to raise attainment.
- The school has established very strong partnerships within the local community and beyond which benefit staff and students. There are excellent primary partnerships, including Explore and Gifted and Talented programmes, involving targeted Year 5 and 6 pupils from five local primary schools. A summer school provision working with the local RAF base supports transition and develops leadership in student volunteers.
For the second year running, we are absolutely delighted with the team’s findings which highlight our continued and consistent improvement over the last 5 years and reward our students’ efforts. Margaret Jones, the lead reviewer and OFSTED inspector and her team were extremely thorough and very complimentary of our students, our staff and our achievements. We need to say no more than to thank all staff, students and parents for their continued support in our pursuit of outstanding.