SENDCo (Part-time – Job Share)
Carterton Community College
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR 2(2)
Start Date: 1st September 2022 or earlier if possible.
Thank you for interest in the post of SENDCo (Part time) at Carterton Community College. We are seeking to appoint a suitable candidate to work as a job share with our existing SENDCo. You would be expected to work three days a week with one of those days working together with the job share partner in order to co-ordinate the workload and department together.
This is an important post at this time in our successful school improvement journey. We are a dynamic and rapidly improving school with a drive for high standards of progress, whilst retaining the inclusive nature of our happy and purposeful community. Our SEND provision is an important element of our inclusion of all students in the educational and wider personal development opportunities in the school. We are seeking to appoint a fully qualified and able teacher, with a successful track record of examination results, who can demonstrate strong inclusion experience to jointly lead this vital area in our school.
- To jointly co-ordinate and lead the SEND provision across the school and manage the relevant systems, processes and procedures to support the students in our care, in accordance with the published policies, both local and national.
- To understand and ensure compliance with the SEND code of practice and equal opportunities.
- To jointly lead and manage teaching assistant provision across the school.
- Identifying and supporting the needs of students with SEND through observation, screening and tracking of progress data.
- To support all teaching staff in understanding the characteristics of effective teaching and learning styles to support students with SEND.
- To effectively liaise with and develop relationships with the Local Authority; external agencies; parents and other schools.
In return we offer candidates:
- A supportive and positive environment with a culture of high aspirations, based on shared values.
- Continuous professional development to further your potential.
- A well-resourced department, complete with high quality Chromebooks.
- Friendly and welcoming students.
- Committed and professional colleagues.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please email email@example.com to obtain a job description, person specification and application form.
Closing date: Wednesday the 16th March 2022
Safer Recruitment Statement
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All users are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed.