Start Date: July 2022
Thank you for your interest in the role of Site and Facilities Manager at Carterton Community College. We are keen to appoint a dynamic tenacious and forward-thinking professional to join the Operations Management Team. We are a smaller than usual secondary school, this is by design. We serve the community of Carterton and the rural villages and settlements surrounding. We are a school that is very much at the heart of the community. It is a great time to join our team. We have recently been graded as Good in all areas by Ofsted, our report talks about our school being a school where relationships matter, where students make good progress and behave well. We have an ambitious programme of investment in the site and our facilities and as the Site and Facilities Manager you will lead on this development area of the school.
You will work alongside experienced colleagues in the Operations Team and lead an established team of Caretakers. If you have an eye for detail, are systematic and thorough with essential safety duties then this may be the right job for you. We are looking for someone with a pro-active and service-oriented background in Facilities and Premises Management. Previous experience working in a school is not essential.
We are proud of our school and encourage candidates to come and see it for yourself. Come and help us make this one of the best learning environments around!
Knowledge and Skills required:
● Effective use of ICT
● Use of appropriate specialist equipment/resources
● Full working knowledge of relevant polices/codes of practice/legislation
● Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions
● Knowledge of COSHH regulations
● Awareness of health and hygiene procedures
● Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
● Managerial skills
● Knowledge of moving and handling procedures
● Ability to organise, lead and motivate a team
● Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
● Ability to relate well to children and adults
How to apply:
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Further details and an application pack can be found on the TES website or DfE School Vacancies. Only applications completed on the school’s OCC application form or the TES application form can be accepted. OCC application forms must be returned to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th May 2022
Shortlisting: Thursday 26th May 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 9th June 2022