Student Support Worker
Hours: 37 hours per week – over 5 days, Term Time Only
Salary: G6 Points 8 – 13 (£20,493 to £22,627 pro rata)
Thank you for your interest in Carterton Community College. As a member of the support staff you would play a pivotal role in supporting the school deliver the very best to our pupils. It is an exciting time to be at Carterton Community College – we are a dynamic and rapidly improving school with a drive for higher standards – we hope that you are interested in joining this happy and purposeful community.
This rewarding role is an ideal opportunity for either a graduate seeking to gain experience with a view to developing a career working with young people, or equally someone with suitable experience interested in working with young people. The successful candidate will have a good standard of education, (minimum GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths), and an interest in or experience of working with young people and the skills to support their inclusion and engagement.
The role is varied and will involve:
- Support in the application of inclusion and engagement strategies.
- To be the lead support worker for students whose parents are in the armed services.
- Support for students and to provide mentoring to assist students.
- To support the work of House Leaders and the Attendance Officer in improving the attendance, engagement and welfare of students.
- Acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- To have knowledge of a range of strategies that remove barriers to learning, inclusion and engagement and which promote positive behaviour and attitudes.
In return we offer candidates: friendly and welcoming students; a culture based on shared values; committed and professional colleagues and good professional development opportunities and support.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Further details and an application form can be found on the school’s website or TES website. Only applications completed on the school’s OCC application form or the TES application form can be accepted. OCC application forms must be returned to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please do so via OCC Vacancies
Closing date: Friday 7th January 2022