Carterton Community College is a rural college, with a real sense of community, bordering the Cotswolds and within easy commuting distance of Oxford, Cheltenham and Swindon.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified and dedicated Teacher of Computer Science teacher to join our established Mathematics and Computing faculty. Passion, determination, and a focus to ensure every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential is essential.
You will play a pivotal role in supporting and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
It is an exciting time to be at Carterton Community College – we are a dynamic and rapidly improving school with a drive for higher standards, and warm and trusting relationships between students and staff.
We welcome applications from both ECT’s and experienced teachers. This is a full-time position although we would consider applications from candidates looking for part-time hours.
You will have a proven track record of improving progress and raising achievement at all levels and will strive to give students exciting and challenging curriculum opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A thorough knowledge of Computer Science and wider curriculum developments.
- Excellent knowledge/experience of teaching across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- Passion and dedication in delivering high standards.
- Experience in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Ability to implement strategies to meet school development targets.
- Outstanding teaching and learning practice, with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The desire to have a positive impact on students’ lives.
In return we offer candidates:
- A supportive and positive environment with a culture of high aspirations, based on shared values.
- Continuous professional development to further your potential.
- A well-resourced department, complete with high quality Chromebooks.
- Friendly and welcoming students.
- Committed and professional colleagues.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Further details and an application form can be found on the TES website APPLY HERE or DfE Teaching Vacancies. Only applications completed on the school’s OCC application form or the TES application form can be accepted. OCC application forms must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 15th April 2022