Start Date: 1st January 2023 – 0.6 FTE Contract until 31.08.2023
Carterton Community College is a rural college, with a real sense of community, bordering the Cotswolds and within easy commuting distance of Oxford, Cheltenham and Swindon.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified and dedicated Teacher of Mathematics to join our established Mathematics and Computing faculty. Passion, determination, and a focus to ensure every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential is essential.
You will play a pivotal role in supporting and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
It is an exciting time to be at Carterton Community College – we are a good school and pride ourselves on embodying our values. In our recent Ofsted report inspectors found that our students make good progress and behave well, in a school where relationships matter and there is a strong focus on learning. They enjoy their lessons and fully invest in the school and happily rise to the challenge of our high aspirations.
We welcome applications from both ECT’s and experienced teachers.
You will have a proven track record of improving progress and raising achievement at all levels and will strive to give students exciting and challenging curriculum opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A thorough knowledge of Mathematics and wider curriculum developments.
- Excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Mathematics across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- Passion and dedication in delivering high standards.
- Experience in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Ability to implement strategies to meet school development targets.
- Outstanding teaching and learning practice, with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The desire to have a positive impact on students’ lives.
In return we offer candidates:
- A supportive and positive environment with a culture of high aspirations, based on shared values.
- Continuous professional development to further your potential.
- A well-resourced department, complete with high quality Chromebooks.
- Friendly and welcoming students.
- Committed and professional colleagues.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. For further details and an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms must be returned to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 4th November 2022