Start Date: 1st September 2022
Carterton Community College is a rural college, with a real sense of community, bordering the Cotswolds and within easy commuting distance of Oxford, Cheltenham and Swindon.
We are seeking to appoint a qualified and dedicated Science teacher to join our established science faculty. Passion, determination, and a focus to ensure every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential is essential.
You will play a pivotal role in supporting and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
It is an exciting time to be at Carterton Community College – we are a good school and pride ourselves on embodying our values. In our recent Ofsted report inspectors found that our students make good progress and behave well, in a school where relationships matter and there is a strong focus on learning. They enjoy their lessons and fully invest in the school and happily rise to the challenge of our high aspirations.
We welcome applications from both ECT’s and experienced teachers.
You will have a proven track record of improving progress and raising achievement at all levels and will strive to give students exciting and challenging curriculum opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A thorough knowledge of science and wider curriculum developments.
- Excellent knowledge/experience of teaching science across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- Passion and dedication in delivering high standards.
- Experience in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
- Ability to implement strategies to meet school development targets.
- Outstanding teaching and learning practice, with real enthusiasm for the subject.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The desire to have a positive impact on students’ lives
How to apply:
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Further details and an application form can be found on the school’s website, TES website APPLY HERE or DfE Teaching Vacancies. Only applications completed on the school’s OCC application form or the TES application form can be accepted. OCC application forms must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 24th June 2022
Shortlisting: Monday 27th June 2022
Interview Date: TBC