Thank you for your interest in the post of Teaching Assistant at Carterton Community College, we are looking to recruit enthusiastic Teaching Assistants to join our friendly, supportive Teaching Assistant team. As a member of the support staff, you would play a pivotal role in supporting the school deliver the very best to our pupils. It is an exciting time to be at Carterton Community College – we are a dynamic and rapidly improving school with a drive for higher standards – we hope that you are interested in joining this happy and purposeful community.
This rewarding role is an ideal opportunity for either a graduate seeking to gain experience prior to embarking on a teacher training qualification or equally someone with suitable experience interested in working with young people. The successful candidate will have a good standard of education, (minimum GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths), experience of working with young people and the skills to support learning in the classroom environment. The work of our Teaching Assistants in motivating our students to reach their full potential is highly valued.
The role is varied and will involve:
- Supporting students with SEND, either in the classroom or in a learning base, with their educational and social development.
- Supporting the teacher by focusing on pupils’ needs, adapting to scenarios.
- Building and maintaining successful relationships with students.
- Contributing to discussions concerning students with SEND to inform planning and for review purposes.
- Assisting students with SEND in a range of activities outside the classroom e.g., school trips, exam support as a scribe or reader as appropriate.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Further details and an application form can be found on the TES website – APPLY HERE. Only applications completed on the school’s OCC application form or the TES application form can be accepted. OCC application forms must be returned to email@example.com.